Re-Registration Service.

Show allHide all
Can I transfer funds I hold elsewhere to my IPS account?
Yes, you can transfer (re-register) stocks and shares ISAs or unit trusts and OEICs that you have with other providers to IPS to give you a consolidated view of your investments. However, please note that your current service is designed for customers who have chosen not to pay a financial adviser for ongoing financial advice. If you’ve agreed to pay adviser charges and you re-register funds to IPS you’ll set up a separate IPS account for your re-registered funds. If you have any questions about this you should speak to your financial adviser.

The investment performance of your fund continues to be managed by the fund manager you’re currently invested with, and your money stays invested the whole time the transfer takes place - it’s just the administration of your investment that is transferred.

After transferring to IPS you no longer deal with the adviser or provider with whom you first invested, as these investments are now administered by IPS.
Will I have to pay a charge to transfer a fund to IPS?
We will not charge you to transfer the administration of your investments to IPS. However, some providers may charge you to transfer your investments from them.

In addition, there are currently no charges for switching between funds once you’ve transferred them to IPS. However, different funds carry different fund charges and if you switch funds, you may move to a fund with higher fund charges. Fund charges are shown in the Key Investor Information Document (KIID) for each fund.
Once I have transferred my investments with IPS can I switch them to another fund?

Yes, once transferred, you can switch your investment to another IPS fund. This provides great flexibility in the way you manage the performance of your investments. 

Before switching to another fund, make sure you have read the Key Investor Information Document (KIID) for your chosen fund. Whilst there is no charge for switching, please be aware that different funds carry different fund charges and you could be switching to a fund with higher fund charges. You can find out the charges associated with a particular fund in the relevant KIID for that fund.

How can I get further information on the administration transfer process if I need it?

More information is available on our administration transfer information page. For general information or any queries about your investments, call our UK contact centre on 0345 272 0089. Call charges will vary. We may record and monitor calls. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.